Saturday, October 24, 2009

Fenugreek/Methi Powder

FenugreekOn the advice on one of my Indian co-workers and some articles I came across on the interwebs, about a month ago I stocked up on Fenugreek/Methi powder and added it to my monthly henna treatment along with amla, which helps to keep my curls from stretching out too much and remain springy. Fenugreek is a GREAT addition to my herbal treatment arsenal. It provides smoothness, clumping and SHINE!!

Yesterday I while browsing teas, I saw it in a prepackaged tea bag form, and a picked up a box toAmla make a tea rinse and a liquid to mix with my Fenugreek "root treatment". I mixed a cup of Alma powder with enough Fenugreek tea mixture to make a cake batter consistency and then added 2 tablespoons or so of Organic Camellia Oil. Camellia Oil is my go-to oil as it's not too heavy for my hair or skin ( I rub it on after shower on damp skin as well.) Fenugreek
I pour a 1/2 cup of warm water to the root mixture I let sit on my head under a plastic cap for 2 hours or so, lather it up root to tip and rinse it out, following with a co-wash, rinse again, then fenugreek tea rinse, Tresseme moisure conditioner as my leave in, style and seal with a fingerful of Jessicurl Deep Conditioner and Aloe Butter. Twirl sections around my finger and all done!!




No comments: