Friday, November 27, 2009

Product Review: Steam Scalp Oil

UPDATE!  Nice email from the salon ower and creator of Steam Creams and Oils, Carla!
Hi Tina,

thank you for your review and I'm glad you liked the oils.Right now we are featured on naturallycurly.com I'm glad I found your blog. I love to hear hair journeys.
Carla
Steam Creams and Oils

Since I bought my hair steamer, Sally (LOL!) I've definitely become enthralled with steaming my hair and the results that it gives.  I swear I saw a jump in hair growth in the time I have had it.  Defintiely in softness and fullness.  It definitely increases the effectiveness of any treatments applied to the hair tenfold.  There is a lovely little salon devoted to the art of the steam and the hair oils they use for their scalp massages and treatments are available on-line for at home use.  100% natural, 93% Organic.
The Steam Hair Oil is a nutritious blend of oils that will condition and mend your split ends restoring shine and luster to all hair types.
I purchased the Steam Scalp Oil #1, a nutritious blend of anti oxidants and jojoba oil. Scent #1 is light, flowery and citrusy, meant to enhance self image. I massaged into my scalp and bathed my ends in my trusty camellia oil infused with hibiscus petals.  Steamed for 30 mins and co-washed with EO Restorative Moisture Rich Chamomile & Honey.  The results were soft, wonderful smelling wonderfully defined tresses. 


Ingredients: Cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, Olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, Helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, Calophyllum inophyllum (foraha) seed oil, Orbignia speciosa kernel butter, Astrocaryum murumuru butter, Passiflora edulis seed oil, Oriza sativa (rice) bran oil, Euterpe oleracea (acai) pulp oil, Pentaclethra macroloba seed oil, Serenoa serrulata (saw palmetto) extract, Citrus grandis (grapefruit) peel oil, Citrus aurantium var. amara (petitgrain) leaf oil, Lavandula angustifolia (lavender) flower oil, Salvia officinalis (sage) leaf oil, Backhousia citriodora (lemon myrtle) leaf oil, Cedrus atlantica (cedar) bark oil, Juniperus communis (juniper) berry oil, Vetiveria zizanoides (vetiver) root oil, Rosmarinus officincalis (rosemary) extract

3 comments:

Jhanay said...

wow, thats really interesting! I'm starting to get into steaming with oil too, although I prefer the "baggy" method and let it stay overnight. Have your tried Vatika oil? It's an indian hair oil, and it seems that the ingredients are very close to these steam oil, and I paid about $3 for it!

www.cloudywithachanceofchocolate.blogspot.com

ChocolateOrchid said...

Hmmm, some more wonderful items to add to my hair wishlist. Btw, me and Betty Jo are quickly becoming Bff's. Lol.

Tina Beanie said...

Hi Jolene! Yes, I am very familiar with Vatika and have 2 bottles in my closet. I do use it occasionally. :-)
Hey CO! I told you that they are truly a girl's best friend!