Monday, January 4, 2010

Hot Mess Hair In The COLD!

Whewww!  My hair was gonna go on strike soon if I didn't give it some TLC immediately!  My scheduled Henna/Alma treatment didn't happen.  I was feeling crappy with a cold, not to mention the single digit temperatures and the howling winds outside the past few days (and into the week and coming weekend, I hear).  I have not co-washed and detangled since Christmas Eve and my hair has rewarded me by becoming a dry, matted, hot mess!  So today after a through wetting, I packed on the Herbal Essence - Hello Hydration conditioner and detangled.  Luck for me, my hair detangles pretty easily once wet and has condish on, so it took not time to comb through. 
 It is far too cold to expose my  wet tresses to this extreme cold air, and since I have to go out, I opted for a moisturising deep conditioner bake overnight and rinse in the morning.  I reached for the Aubrey's Rosa Mosqueta Conditioner.  Rosa mosqueta is rose hip by any other name. Whatever, you want to call it, the seeds are high in (fatty) linoleic and linolenic acids as well as Vitamin C, all of which are essential for the health of the hair and skin. Flavonoids, a ketonic compound (namely 3-pentenpropyl-kentoe) and trans-rhodanic acids have been detected. In fact, rosehip seeds are about 77% fatty acids.  This should put my stressed out tresses back to a normal state!

Ingredients:

Coconut Fatty Acid Cream Base, Coltsfoot Extract, Horsetail Extract, Organic Rosa Mosqueta® Rose Hip Seed Oil, St. John’s Wort Oil, Wheat Germ Oil, Organic Aloe Vera, Amino Acid Complex (Cysteine, Methionine), Organic Evening Primrose Oil, Balsam Oil; Extracts of Fennel, Hops, Balm Mint, Mistletoe, Camomile and Yarrow; Organic Rosemary Oil, Organic Sage Oil, Aminobenzoic Acid, Carrot Oil, Aubrey’s Preservative (Citrus Seed Extract, Vitamins A,C and E).

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have a lot of great info here. Is the Herbal Essences good for dry hair in a desert climate? I live in New Mexico and I am in desperate need of moisture.

Tina Beanie said...

Hi Adrianne,
I would think it would work fine, but since you are in a desert climate and it appears you have relaxed and/or straightened hair by your photo, I would definitely try to add a humidifer in your bedroom and a hair steamer if you can to help with the moisture. I'm glad you like the blog! :-)))

Moni @ CL Journal said...

Hello Tina,

I saw the Herbal Essence Hello Hydration Conditioner in a beauty supply store the other day, but I thought that any kind of alcohol product was bad for the hair? I'm thinking about transitioning back to natural, and I know that alcohol will dry me out and it will start breaking.

I need a conditioner that really helps the hair cause I have hair that will go dry in a heartbeat!

Tina Beanie said...

Hi Moni,
The way I used the HE is as a co-wash and as a leave in. It's great for detangling my hair and as a leave in. My hair tends to get dry as well so I would definitely recommend you step up your deep conditioners. The Rosa Mosqueta I just used is AMAZING! If you can find it here you are, I would give it a try!

ChocolateOrchid said...

Girl, I swear I'm gonna have to get a closet made or buy a huge armoire for the products I wanna get.

Tina Beanie said...

LOL! I know, CO..me too! But I am slowly building a "know it works" hair product arsenal, but trying new stuff is soooo fun!! Oh, Rosa Mosqueta smells not too good, but it works well!

Nadege said...

wow, the ingredients in the Rosa conditioner are fabulous. I just may have to swoop a bottle next time I'm at the health food store.