Thursday, January 28, 2010

Product Review: Living Proof No Frizz Styling Treatment for Thick to Coarse Hair

UPDATE!:  Well...is strange...my hair LOOKS good with no frizz and even has some shiny to it, but feels dry!  After it dried I did scrunch it like the directions said to soften and yes that did help, but still felt weirdly dry to me.  I also did my regular leave in of Tresemme and topped the styling treatment with my usual Aloe Butter.  For the first time the aloe butter left a barely visible white film on the surface of my hair on one side which leaves me to deduct this product does not play well with others and must be used either alone or with the other products in this line.  That being said, I will give this another shot, using it on it's own, as it did terminate frizz on contact and dried with well defined curls.  This definitely could be great for when it gets hot and humid and I don't happen to want big hair on that day! LOL!

Living Proof Wave Shaping, Curl Defining No Frizz Styling Treatment for Thick to Coarse Hair offers the first new anti-frizz technology in over 30 years. No Frizz addresses the two causes of frizz—humidity and friction. It provides a superior, extremely thin humidity barrier on hair while reducing surface friction. The result is the most effective, lightweight frizz fighter on the market today. This expert styling secret weapon contains a touchable holding polymer to give your waves and curls added definition. Hair is left sleek and manageable without becoming greasy or heavy. No Frizz also repels dirt and oil so you can go longer between shampoos.
My results:
Okay..I like it?..........Maybe? I bought the 2oz. travel size to try it out first before investing in a larger size.  The smell in heinous! Think RAID bug spray!!  Fortunately it appears to dissapate after applying.  I swear I almost didn't put it on my hair the smell was so strong.  I'll tell you one thing, though. The minute I applied this to my head the frizz went bye-bye.  Strange think is, after applying, my hair started to drip water from the ends of my curls when I had already scruched/blotted i dry. I'm guessing it's some form of delivery to the hair in the product.  I continued to drip water (clear water) for a bit, too.  It does define the curl and erradicate frizz, so I will invest in the larger size next time and do one more test to see how it comes out.  Also appears to help with shrinkage factor.

Ingredients:
Water, VP/VA Copolymer, PolyfluoroEster, VP/Dimethylaminoethylmethacrylate Copolymer, Ethylhexyl Stearate, Glycerin, Polyacrylate-13, Cetyl Alcohol, Polyisobutene, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Fragrance, Polysorbate 20, Sorbic Acid

No comments: