Sunday, February 7, 2010

Product Review: Aveeno Nourish + Moisturize Conditioner

I'd been seeing references both on line and on the beauty blogs I read about Aveeno Nourish + Moisturize conditioner.  I've used Aveeno products in the past and my current face wash is even the gentle oatmeal liquid cleanser from their baby line.  I made a mental note to pick up a bottle after looking on line at the ingredients.  The third ingredient is Behentrimonium Methosulfate - Naturally derived, but not all natural. It emulsifies and thickens the conditioner. Also aids in static control and comb ability. This is what makes the conditioner creamy and detangling.  Behentrimonium methosulfate is the mildest hair-detangling ingredient available. It is made from non-genetically modified rapeseed oil. This scientifically sophisticated ingredient is renowned for its superior detangling ability, without causing build-up on the hair.
Since my other favorite atm condish - HE Hello Hydration and has the cheaper version behentrimonium chloride ingredient, I was expecting it to be thicker and creamer.  The consistency is liquidy and the scent is pretty much non-existent.  I smoothed it on my hair passed my head under the shower quickly and "lathered" to emulsify, shower capped it and finished my shower.  I blot it dry with either a t-shirt or one of my curl cloths and seal with my Jessiecurl Deep Conditioner. Results in the photo.  I like the conditioner as it does create great curl definition and smooths frizz. 
I've styled today by raking hair back with my fingers while wet and securing with a cute Goody double headband.

No comments: