Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Henna Treatment 09.21.10

I FINALLY did a Henna treatment after slacking off for over two months and boy was it needed.  For me, I think my Henna treatments are a key element in nourishing my scalp, hair roots, adding shine and definition and growth to my hair. 
I mixed up my Henna the night before with a hearty tea of various moisturizing and strengthing teas and let it color develop overnight. 
The next morning I added about 2 or 3 tablespoons of fenugreek seed infused avocado oil to the mixture and applied to the roots first with a color application brush.  After that I added JessieCurl Deep Moisturing Condish Pack to the remainder of the Henna and applied that to the length of my hair.  With my hair stretched out with the Henna application on it I see that it is easily 2 inches or so below my shoulders. So even with the trims it has grown quite a bit since I big chopped in 6/09.
After plastic capping and sitting under my heat cap for 45 mins (left the Henna pack on for a total of 4 hours)
Filled the tub with warm water and dunked my head to remove most of the Henna and applied a cheapie condish (VO5) and hopped in the shower, after rinsing and cleaning the tub out, to co-wash a few times to remove any left overs.I applied Aussie Moist as my leave-in and had a great hair day today!!  Shiny, soft, frizz-free, defined curls!

No comments: