Monday, September 16, 2013

Natural Beauty: Baking Soda and Apple Cider Vinegar Face Mask

Baking Soda and ACV Exfoliating Mask 

For the last month or so I've been doing baking soda scrubs 2 - 3 times a week and I have been really loving the results.  Once a week I use apple cider vinegar (ACV) with the baking soda instead of hot water to create a paste which I apply over my face and neck.  I will usually let it sit for no longer than 3 minutes then rinse off with warm water.
Aloe Vera Plant

Make sure you apply some sort of moisturizer after this treatment. I prefer fresh aloe vera.  I have a plant, so I break off a small piece of a stem, split it down the middle with my fingernail and massage the gel pulp all over my face and neck directly from the leaf. As it dries, it tightens and adds a beautiful glow to your skin that looks amazing.  Another option is to purchase pure Aloe Vera 1:1. I've ordered From Nature With Love before and the products are wonderful and shipping is fast. 

  
Empty Dropper Bottle
Recipe:

  • Place 1 or 2 tablespoons of baking soda place in your palm. (plastic spoon)
  • I've transferred my ACV to an empty dropper bottle for ease in adding and mixing with the baking soda. (It will bubble at first)
  • Mix with your finger
  • Apply to face and neck
  • Let sit for as long as it is comfortable. No longer than 3 minutes or so.
  • Rinse.
  • Apply aloe vera.
  • And GLOW!

Enjoy!

No comments: