Monday, September 23, 2013

Pieces On My Fall Wish List # 1


Every Fall I review my Fall/Winter wardrobe to see what needs to be retired, review my list of wants to determine what I would like to add and how that piece will fit into my already existing wardrobe.

I like to purchase a new bag for fall and for the past few years my selections have been black or metallic in color. This year I'm looking at the dual colored Fiorelli Black/White Wing Bag. It's shaped in a classic style that I love, is large enough for me to put all my stuff in, but not too large for my petite frame and it has a detachable shoulder strap. It also is a great looking every day bag that fits with a variety of outfits which is a win all around!

The Leopard Jacquard Flounce Skirt from Ann Taylor has a flirty flounce silhouette in a great wine & black print with an elastic grosgrain waistband, hidden back zipper with hook-and-eye closure. For a long time I've purchased pieces from Ann Taylor and still have quite a few classic pieces in my wardrobe.  This particular skirt matches a blazer I purchase a few years back in a solid color without the leopard print. I also have another very fitted button up blazer in this color and black stripes that I can wear it with keeping with the current trend of pattern mixing. Available in petite sizes, too.

J. Crew's Keeper Chambray Shirt in Dark Rinse will make a great add for layering under sweaters, blazers, faux fur vests, worn with my black leather skirt or baggy leather pants along with a sparkly layering of crystal necklaces.  And it comes in petite sizes so I know I can get it in the size that really fits me. It looks amazing with a white blazer, doesn't it? I also purchased the Chanel inspired jacket shown in the photo on the far right this past April and have not worn it yet. I think the dark rinse shirt would go great under it worn with my black leather skinny pants (http://elantresses.blogspot.com/2009/12/hotness-black-leather-skinny-pants.htmlfor a casual look like the one picture in the middle photo.

I really have been wanting a pair of red pants to add to my Fall/Winter wardrobe and these are perfect. J. Crew's Petite Eaton trouser in bi-stretch wool has a classic menswear trouser cut with a crisp straight leg finished with pin tucks down the front and a cropped hem. The petite version will be just right on me for ankle length without having them tailored shorter, so I can wear them right away and not have to wait for them to be hemmed.

When adding pieces to your closet, it's important to consider how you will pair it with existing pieces before you purchase and in my case, if it needs tailoring. I've purchased pieces in the past that I liked but required extensive tailoring. Guess what happened to them? They ended up hanging in my closet for years until I ended up giving it away to someone who it could fit without tailoring. I now have learned to take this past lesson into account when selecting.

What's on your list of favorites for Fall/Winter 2013?

No comments: