Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Product Review: Clinque CC Cream

Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream in Deep and Medium Deep

With the fall and winter months looming ahead, I have been thinking about how I will transition my skin care routine. I've pretty much only been wearing my 

Neutrogena Healthy Defense Daily Moisturizer SPF 50 with Helioplex

with the Stila Bronzing Tinted Moisturizer over it for most of the summer.  Both are very light weight, great ingredients, don't cause breakouts or irritations and adds light coverage and a wonderful summery glow hue to my summer tan. 

I've tried samples of various BB creams over the past year and have not really liked any of them because of either lack of color range, fragrance or just not the right texture/coverage. Clinque has always been pretty good for me in the past, I used to wear several of their foundations and used the skin care 3 package in high school without any problems. When I saw they came out with a CC cream (one upping you BB's) I had to give it a shot.

I went to Macy's and the lovely girl at the Clinque cosmetic counter was just great. She really took her time to go over the technology behind the CC cream, applied and match several different colors of the 8 available, and provided me with generous samples of the two colors above to take home to try and/or blend. I told her I tend to oxidize (darken down) as the day goes on with foundations, so I tend to go a bit lighter than I normally would. We were also working with my summer tan face, so when the fall rolls around, my face will be lighter, so I might need to revisit and try the shade above med deep.



This CC cream boast to be one simple step for glowing skin: hydrates, perfects, protects. Lightweight formula instantly color corrects a range of complexion concerns. In seconds, you look like the picture of health. Brightens dullness, sallowness. Diminishes redness. That gray look on darker skin tones? CC gets it glowing. Oil-free hydration and sunscreen mean a more flawless look tomorrow, too. Each versatile shade is appropriate for a range of skin tones and undertones.  The product is also fragrance free, which is great. I tend to avoid products with added fragrance as they tend to cause problems with my skin.
  • How to use: Mornings, apply to clean skin after cleansing and any treatment serums. Smooth evenly over entire face, or just to areas of concern. Wear alone or under foundation.
  • Can also be worn over your favorite moisturizer (a great option for drier skins).
I've worn a few times and so far so good. I do think I will still need a concealer for my eye area, but all in all it is a great look, light weight, everyday go cream.

No comments: